A program to generate Skew-T meteorological data plots from GRIB files output by meteorological forecasting models, also known as a virtual sounding. It is intended as an easy-to-use educational tool by students or researchers.
Written for Java 11 and OpenJFX 11. Licensed under the 2-clause BSD license.
- Read GRIB1 and GRIB2 files output by the NOAA RAP, NAM, and GFS forecasting models
- Generate high-quality Skew-T/Log-P plots from temperature and dew point data at various isobaric levels
- Convert relative humidity to dew point as needed
- Calculate values such as lifting condensation level (LCL), K-index, Total Totals, and SWEAT depending on data available
- Output high-resolution (approximately 328 DPI) plot to a PNG file